Friday, October 8, 2010

Interesting Design Ideas

I'm all about being eclectic when it comes to decorating and I believe everyone should have their own style. However, somethings are just weird! Join me if you will on my little visual journey. I've scoured the Internet for interesting design ideas (okay, I just went to Houzz)  

Now, when I say interesting, nine times out of ten, I mean odd! But, I'll let you be the judge of that.

First off we have the chenille couch. I'm just wondering how to comfortably sit on this thing...I can just see the little imprint it would leave behind if you sat too long.
livingroom eclectic living room

A swing in a living room just spells disaster. Its interesting, possibly even fun; but still strange. Maybe on a sleeping porch or something like that?
Schriever Residence eclectic family room

I don't even know where to start with this one!
MIssion Loft  living room

Now here's one I do like. Its a tiny little office in a tiny little closet
office/reading nook eclectic family room


I'm sorry but this is just a little too much horse to look at on a daily basis!
Family Room contemporary family room

And now my eyes are burning...someone help me!
The Cezzane Couch eclectic living room

They went from burning to bleeding...
Kerala Pathcwork Sofa asian living room

This one is just a no-no in my book. Green and white striped walls with a red headboard?
Marielle eclectic bedroom

Just in time for Halloween; the bone chair and desk set!
Gorgous magpie rooms eclectic

For the rock climbing enthusiast, how about your very own rock wall right inside your house!
Great Divide Builders eclectic entry

And for the dog...or clown (I'm not sure which) lovers; you can add these to your house.
Oak Bluffs eclectic exterior

And lastly, let's not forget about the garden lovers out there!
Between Naps on the Porch eclectic landscape

What do you think about this little collection of weirdness? Weird or okay in your book?


2 comments:

Lisa said...

OMFG. Those were great! I can't believe some people, but I guess to each their own! I agree, that office was really cool!

Stefanie said...

Thanks Lisa! I guess it just shows you how different peoples taste can be. lol

Im thinking about that little office, I want one!